Dallas ISD P-TECH and Early College High School/Collegiate Academies
Dallas ISD is expanding opportunities for students, thanks to an exciting partnership with the Dallas County Community College District and Institutes of Higher Education. We have 9 traditional Early College High Schools (ECHS), and 18 Pathways in Technology Early College High Schools (P-TECH).
All schools will enable students to:
- Earn an Associate of Arts, Associate of Applied Science or Associate of Science degree - tuition free while in high school.
- Earn as many as 60 hours of tuition-free college credit.
- Eliminate thousands of dollars in college tuition costs.
- Graduate from a four-year university in less time than their peers.
P-TECH schools will enable students to do the above as well as:
- Enter the job market with a work-ready skill.
- Develop workplace skills through mentorships and internships with industry partners.
The P-TECH and Early College High Schools/Collegiate Academies are designed to serve incoming ninth grade students who have the determination to attend college, are first-generation college students, and have been historically underrepresented in higher education. Each school will accept 125 ninth grade students per year. The model begins in ninth grade, and students will only be accepted into the program as freshmen. They will move together as a cohort as they progress through high school.
Each school will have a higher education partner and offer its own academic pathway leading to an Associate of Arts, Associate of Applied Science or Associate of Science degree. The career pathways available to students will range from health sciences, information technology and cyber security to early childhood education, criminal justice, business and others.