Welcome to the DESA Library!
¡Bienvenido a la Biblioteca!Ms. Vega
Media Center Hours
8:00 a.m. - 3:45 p.m.FUTURE FORWARD LIBRARIESMedia Center Mission is to encourage all individuals to be effective users of information by:
Media Center Goals:
- supporting the students' right to self-selection of materials for enjoyment or information;
- supporting academic rigor by integrating the teaching of research and information processing skills to ensure students are college ready and effective life-long users of information; and
- seeking knowledge of technological changes and integrating them effectively into the framework of the curriculum.
- To promote the integration of curriculum, resources, and teaching strategies to ensure the success of all students as the effective creators and users of ideas and information and enabling them to become lifelong learners.
- To promote the success of all students and staff by: providing information equity; working for universal literacy; defending intellectual freedom; persevering and making accessible the heritage of all cultures; and ensuring that equal access to resources in all formats are available to all users.
Texas School Library Standards
What can Ms. Vega do for you?
Junior League of Dallas Innovative Teaching 2018 Grant RecipientCalm Down...It's Just a Box!Whatburger and First Book 2018 Gift Certificate Recipient
- Help you find something to read
- Assist you finding information and resources online or print
- Help you in documenting sources (citations)
- Teach you how to use the online catalog
- Teach you how to request a book from another campus
- Assist you to evaluate digital & print resources
- Teach information literacy skills so students can be college ready!
- Teach digital citizenship
- Teach & model inquiry/research
The Laura Bush Foundation for America’s Libraries
2016 Grant Recipient
Click on image for more information.
Junior League of Dallas Innovative Teaching 2016 Grant Recipient
Can we build it? YES, WE CAN! Click image for more information
WWE and First Book 2016 "Book Wish" Recipient