Welcome to the DESA School LibraryMs. VegaLibrary Media Specialist972-794-3922
Greetings DESA community!
I am Ms. Vega, your personal librarian and media specialist for this 2022-2023 academic school year. This will be my 4th year at DESA, and I am extremely excited to meet all of my new and returning Eagles. As your librarian and media specialist, I am specifically here to help you navigate DESA, as well as provide you with the tools and resources necessary to guarantee a successful academic school year. I am more than happy to help you succeed and meet your goals throughout your stay here at DESA. If there is ever anything I can help you with, please do not hesitate to ask. I may not know everything as a librarian and media specialist, but I can assure you that I can help you find the answers you are looking for, whether they pertain to your classes or just general information.
As your librarian, I can assist with the following:
- Help you navigate the DESA campus and connect you with your teachers
- Assign you a student Chromebook for use on/off campus and during your classes
- Reset your passwords and make sure you have access to student applications
- Troubleshoot basic technology issues and submit work orders for damaged or broken student Chromebooks
- Help you create new and creative projects, as well as learn new skills through makerspace and SMART activities
- Help you access books, audiobooks, and other media in both print and electronic format
- Recommend interesting books that reflect themes and topics related to your specific interests
- Request materials from all other Dallas ISD schools
- Order new books that are not found in the school library collection, with the condition that they are age appropriate for our grade levels on campus and meet the book selection criteria set by DISD
- Help you get a library card from the Dallas Public Library system
- Assist you with internet searches and research projects
- Help you evaluate resources to make sure you are using reliable, credible information
- Help you be safe on the internet by teaching digital citizenship
- Teach you how to reference and cite resources to avoid copyright violations and plagiarism
- Print documents for your classes and projects
- Provide a safe, quiet, and welcoming space for you to collaborate with other students, work on projects, tests, and assignments
I am here to teach you the skills you need to succeed at DESA. Please feel free to ask for my assistance any time I am available on campus. I look forward to meeting and revisiting each and every one of you, Eagles. Have a great 2022-2023 school year!