Welcome to the JL Long Design Department!
The AIMS of MYP Design are to encourage and enable students to:
- Enjoy the design process and develop an appreciation of its elegance and power
- Develop knowledge, understanding and skills from different disciplines to design and create solutions to problems using the design cycle
- Use and apply technology effectively as a means to access, process and communicate information, model and create solutions, and to solve problems
- Develop an appreciation of the impact of design innovations for life, global society and environments
- Appreciate past, present and emerging design within cultural, political, social, historical and environmental context
- Develop respect for other's viewpoints and appreciate alternative solutions to problems
- Act with integrity and honesty, and take responsibility for their own actions developing effective working practices.
AVID Tami Walker Career Exploration Andreanna Williams GTT Andres Herrera Health Bryan Diaz NFTE Andrew Molina Technology Applications
Mary Greene/Dept. Chair