P-TECH at the MAVS game
Three P-TECH students, along with Ms. Blackwell-Hill, went to Monday night's MAVS game against the Nets. An anonymous donor donated floor tickets to SOC P-TECH for use by deserving scholars and deserving staff. Scholars and staff members are chosen by the anonymous donor's selection committe. The students and Ms. Blackwell-Hill had a great time at the game.
South Oak Cliff High School is expanding college opportunities for students, thanks to an exciting partnership with Dallas College at Mountain View Campus. Students who attend the South Oak Cliff P-TECH will have the opportunity to earn a high school diploma and up to 60 college credit hours or an Associate of Applied Science degree in four years.
Best of all, this opportunity comes tuition-free.
Attending a P-TECH allows students to:
- Earn an Associate of Applied Science Degree tuition free while in high school
- Earn as many as 60 tuition-free college hours by earning college credits while in high school
- Start a four-year degree in less time than their peers
- Enter the job market with a work-ready skill upon completion of high school
- Become familiar with the effort required to successfully complete college level coursework while a high school student