Dallas ISD Student Transportation Services strives for innovative solutions to provide a safe, efficient, and reliable service to the students of Dallas ISD
- Dallas ISD Student Transportation Services pursues customer service excellence by providing safe, efficient, and timely transportation to promote the educational opportunities for all Dallas ISD students through well trained staff committed to safety, excellence, and continual professional development.
- Student Transportation Services commits to:
- Building a positive relationship with every student by beginning and ending each student’s instructional day in a safe, positive, timely, and friendly manner while addressing each child by name and meeting their individual needs;
- Being flexible while collaborating with all stakeholders including students, parents, campus staff, and department staff to promote excellent customer service;
- Striving to be an innovative leader in the industry by implementing pioneering technologies and review of key performance indicators;
- Effective use of resources through fast, efficient routing and optimal solutions to maintain fiscal responsibility;
- Focus on continual training and professional development to promote safety among all staff.
Students in Pre-K through 12th grade who attend schools within their attendance boundaries and who reside two or more miles (as measured along the shortest route that may be traveled on public roads) from their assigned campuses are eligible for transportation at District designated stops. Bus routes and any subsequent changes are posted at the school or on the 2018-2019 Bus Routes (username and password is GUEST). See the Student Code of Conduct for provisions regarding transportation, Student Handbook , page 9.
For more information, please see Board Policy CNA (Local) at http://pol.tasb.org/Policy/Download/361?filename=CNA(LOCAL).pdf or click Board Policy CNA (Local)