North Dallas High School is expanding college opportunities for students, thanks to an exciting partnership with Brookhaven College. Students who attend the North Dallas Collegiate Academy will have the opportunity to earn a high school diploma and up to 60 college credit hours or an associate degree in four years.
Best of all, this opportunity comes tuition-free.
Attending a collegiate academy allows students to:
- Earn an associate degree tuition free while in high school
- Earn as many as 60 tuition-free college hours by earning college credits while in high school
- Start a four-year degree in less time than their peers
- Enter the job market with a work-ready skill upon completion of high school
- Become familiar with the effort required to successfully complete collegiate level coursework while a high school student
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR STUDENTS ENROLLED IN BROOKHAVEN COLLEGE COURSES DURING SUMMER 2020
In an effort to provide your student the best support possible, North Dallas High School will have one of our staff members check in with your child several times per week to ensure they have the materials they need to be successful, answer any questions they may have, and monitor their progress toward receiving college credit.
All students enrolled in summer courses at Brookhaven College are required to join the corresponding Google Classroom(s) listed below so our staff can provide them with important information and updates. All students should be signed up for the Google Classroom(s) for their course(s) by Tuesday, July 15th.
Students enrolled in BIOL 1322, MATH 1322, and BCIS 1405 will be working with Ms. Tamara George. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Students enrolled in ITSC 1405 and ITSE 1430 will be working with Ms. Marta Torres, workplace learning coordinator. She can be reached at email@example.com.
Students should be prepared to:
- Attend all scheduled Brookhaven online courses on time every time.
- Complete course assignments by or before the deadline communicated by the professor.
- Provide regular updates to their supervising teacher regarding course progress and grading twice per week.
- Participate in daily Zoom call for attendance purposes. Links are provided by Ms. George and Ms. Torres in their respective Remind accounts.
- Answer follow-up phone calls from Ms. George or Ms. Torres if intervention or further information is needed.
Any questions or requests for support can be directed to your child's supervising teacher (noted above). If further assistance is needed, please email Mr. Davenport at firstname.lastname@example.org.