The Thomas J. Rusk faculty believes that parent engagement helps school go the extra mile to develop successful students. As your family's partner in this journey, Rusk offers an array of opportunities for parents to become involved in the educational growth of our students and to expand their own knowledge.
- Site-Based Decision Making (SBDM) Committee
- Rusk Parent Organization
- Coffee with the Principal
- AVID Night
- Meet the Teacher / Back-to-school night
- Parent conference nights
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Field trip chaperones
- Career day logistics and speakers
Three Things Parents Must Do:
- Make sure your child get to school on time, every day.
- Help your child with his or her homework.
- Make sure your child reads at home every night.