Principal: Ms. Irma De La Guardia
6 - 8
Top: 6th Grade Grey | 7th Grade Red | 8th Grade Black or White
Bottoms: Khaki or Black
School colors: Red, White, Black
Number of teachers: 95
Hours/Bell schedule: 8:20 a.m.-3:55 p.m.Trustee District: District 2
Northwest Focus: Integrity, Trust, Equity, Advocacy, Civic Engagement, and High Expectations
School Division/Feeder Pattern:
Schools Division 3-Hillcrest High School Feeder Pattern
Executive Director: Mr Temesghen Asmerom
Motto: Excellence Now!Mission:-Every student who enters our school is safe-Every student who enters our classrooms is challenged-Every student who graduates is ready to succeedVision:Is to cultivate a balanced education for each and every student. We strive to be open-minded, caring citizens, and world inquirers with intercultural awareness and understanding.Goal:Is that every student will reflect on their knowledge, effectively communicate ideas, and take informed risks for the betterment of society.International Baccalaureate Mission Statement:The IB program aims to develop inquiring, knowledgeable and caring young people who help to create a better and more peaceful world through intercultural understanding and respect. To this end, the organization works with schools, governments, and international organizations to develop challenging programs of international education and rigorous assessment. These programs encourage students across the world to become active, compassionate and lifelong learners who understand that other people, with their differences, can also be right.Students Core Beliefs:
District Focus:Strong Leaders, positive cultures, equity, excellence for all studentsDallas ISD Core Beliefs:
- My future success depends on working hard today
- I have high expectations for myself, my classmates and my school
- I aim for excellence, even if is difficult
- Our main purpose is to improve student academic achievement
- Effective instruction makes the most difference in student academic performance
- There is no excuse for poor quality instruction
- With our help, at-risk students will achieve at the same rate as non-at risk students
- Staff members must have a commitment to the pursuit of excellence
Improve the quality of instruction through effective Professional Learning Communities.
Build a positive culture and climate by fostering a supportive and inclusive environment.
Increase student achievement in Approaches, Meets, and Masters through effective Data-Driven Instruction systems and practices.