Welcome to the Counseling Corner!
Hello students and parents! I am Mr. Perez, the School Counselor. The 2018-2019 school year will be my first at Gabe P. Allen Elementary school.
As a School Counselor, I perform the following roles in order to promote positive development in academic, career, and personal/social domains:
- Individual counseling
- Small group counseling
- Classroom guidance (i.e. Large group counseling)
- Attend and participate in academic intervention meetings
- Organize and chair 504 meeting
- Observe students in various school environments
- Consult and collaborate with parents, teachers, administrators, social workers, and students
- Respond to school crises or emergency situations
- Provide information and resources to parents on a variety of issues
Some exciting activities for students and parents to look forward to this year:
Parent Volunteer Opportunities
District College Fair