Congratulations Angel Sitiriche - Pershing Teacher of the Year!
Angel Sitiriche has dedicated his life to public service, first as a lawyer, then as an Army Officer, and we are grateful that he chose teaching, noblest of all professions, to continue his service to others. At Pershing he had continued to lead as Grade Level Chair, LPAC Chair, Textbook Custodian, Soccer Coach and this year he is taking on a new challenge as our LEGO Robotics coach; all while teaching 5th grade Reading/Language Arts and American History.
CONGRATULATIONS MR. SITIRICHE. WE ARE PROUD TO KNOW YOU AND TO WORK ALONG SIDE YOU!
To be consider for the "Teacher of the Year Award," you must be a highly qualified instructional leaders who exemplifies the following traits:
- Leads students of all backgrounds to demonstrate learning;
- Collaborates with colleagues, students, and families to create a culture of respect and success;
- Deliberately connects their classroom to the community and the community to the classroom;
- Engages in leadership opportunities that contribute to the work of the profession;
- Are poised and articulate communicators;
- Ably represent the district’s vision and goals at all times.