Mission: Education is Freedom (EIF) transforms lives through education.
History: Education is Freedom (EIF) was founded in 2002 with the creation of a dynamic board of corporate leaders who envisioned a world where every young person could pursue a college education. As business leaders, government officials and entrepreneurs, EIF’s board was and is committed to creating an educated workforce that could build effective companies and strong communities in today’s knowledge-based economy. To accomplish this, EIF first offered renewable scholarships to first-time college students. This program quickly revealed that financial support alone was insufficient to ensure college success, especially for students with other profound social or economic barriers. In 2003 EIF launched a comprehensive, local, school-based program designed to improve the college going orientation in the Dallas Independent School District (ISD). In this time, EIF has helped over 100,000 students and their families complete the college process. To further align with EIF s vision of developing a skilled and educated workforce, in 2008, EIF, along with the Mayor’s Office launched the Mayor’s Intern Fellows Program. This eight week internship program has offered over 500 high school students the opportunity to intern at some of the largest and most respected corporations and non-profit organizations in the City of Dallas.
- Expect that all underserved students are capable of being prepared to enroll and succeed in college; reducing the dropout rate
- Provide a range of high-quality, college-planning tools for students and families
- Help students leverage private and public scholarship funds
- Provide intern experiences helping students to visualize their dreams
- Equip students with the necessary skills to successfully complete college