VOLLEYBALL TRYOUT INFORMATION 2019
Dear Parent or Guardian and future Volleyball athlete, listed below are the requirements and expectations for the upcoming 2019 Volleyball season. *A mandatory parent/athlete meeting will be held prior to our first competition. The date and time of the meeting will be shared at a later date.
Head Coach – Jose Marrero
I. GENERAL VOLLEYBALL INFORMATION:
1. Athletic eligibility is based on grades and discipline. NO PASS = NO PLAY!! UGMS athletes represent themselves and their school with pride and dignity.
2. The Dallas ISD Volleyball season lasts from September through November.
3. Tryouts will begin on Wednesday 8-21-19 through Friday 8-23-19 from 4:00 p.m. – 5:30 p.m. Workouts will continue every day at the same time after that date.
4. All ladies will report to the Gym with all of their belongings, dress quickly and wait for directions from their coach.
5. To be eligible for volleyball tryouts you must have a physical on file, current/annual medical history and all required on line paperwork completed. Please Follow Dallas ISD website or contact the athletic trainer.
6. All athletes must complete ANNUAL medical history and all on line forms EVERY YEAR.
II. TRY OUT INFORMATION:
1. All athletes will need correct practice uniform – shorts or shirts can be Blue, white, Black or gray, and volleyball kneepads. (*kneepads are not required but highly suggested) Spandex (solid color – black) is allowed – however- Cover shorts need to be worn on top of spandex when athlete is not in the gym. Please write name on all belongings to prevent items being lost or stolen.
2. Tryouts will consist of coaches quickly reviewing the different volleyball skills, putting you through drills and scrimmage situations to assess your skill level. Every time you touch the ball we are watching what you are doing.
3.Ladies will not wear jewelry to practice. If jewelry is worn, conditioning exercises will be given. Ladies will also be expected to have hair pulled up and out of their face PRIOR TO ENTERING THE GYM.
4.All practices will be conducted at Kennedy-Curry MIDDLE SCHOOL.
5.Parents - Please pick up your daughter off on time after practice. I will start tryouts promptly at 4:00 pm and ending at 5:30 pm.
6.Promptness is expected. Also note that After-school tryout time WILL NOT BE DEVOTED TO RECEIVING PAPERWORK. All paperwork needs to be turned in the DAY BEFORE tryouts begin.
7.ATTENDANCE is very important for volleyball tryouts. How can we assess your skills if you are not present?
VOLLEYBALL TEAM & GAME INFORMATION:
Volleyball teams consist of 10-12 young ladies per team. There are two teams, an “A” team and a “B” team.
Volleyball matches are scheduled for Monday evenings. The “B” team plays first at 6:00 and then the “A” team plays approximately at 7:00 p.m.
Contact coach listed below if you have any questions.
**email best method of contact
Jose Marrero- firstname.lastname@example.org