Mrs. La Sonja Coleman
Welcome to the Counseling Corner!
Hello students and parents! I am Mrs Coleman, the 1st, 3rd, 5th grades School Counselor.
As a School Counselor, I perform the following roles in order to promote positive development in academic, career, and personal/social domains:
- Individual counseling
- Small group counseling
- Classroom guidance (i.e. Large group counseling)
- Attend and participate in academic intervention meetings
- Organize and chair 504 meeting
- Observe students in various school environments
- Consult and collaborate with parents, teachers, administrators, social workers, and students
- Respond to school crises or emergency situations
- Provide information and resources to parents on a variety of issues
- A parent may request individual counseling for their child by contacting me via email, letter or telephone. Permission is needed for any child to receive regular counseling, whether individual or group.
When your child talks to the school counselor, the discussion is confidential. The only time I will disclose confidential information is if your child indicates that he/she is planning to harm someone, themselves, or if someone is harming them.
I would like to stress that a referral to the counselor’s office does not mean that your child is in trouble. It is intended to be a safe and non-threatening environment in which to reflect and problem solve.
Some exciting activities for students and parents to look forward to this year:
Eaglette Club 5th grade girls
Kingsman Club 5th grade boys
My office is room 102
contact times are 7:45am - 3:10pm
Youth and Family clinic is 972-925-2980