NSH Bylaws are reviewed regularly. Currently, our Bylaws are up for a review and vote by the chapter, faculty council, and administration.
Once the Bylaws have been approved, they will be posted here.
National Honor Society
- The students must earn an overall GPA of at least 90 during his/ her previous school year.
- The students must turn in the application form upon meeting the GPA requirements on or before the deadline set in the application form. No late application is accepted. (Applications are by invitation.)
- A qualified NHS member must present their leadership ability in and out of school, dedication to serve the community, and good morale characters including respecting peers and teachers.
- The selection of each member to the chapter shall be by a majority vote of the Faculty Council.
This involves voluntary contributions made by a student to the school or community, done without compensation.
Student leaders are those who are resourceful, good problem solvers, and idea contributors. Leadership experiences can be drawn from school or community activities while working with or for others.
The student of good character is cooperative; demonstrates high standards of honesty and reliability; shows courtesy, concern, and respect for others; and generally maintains a clean disciplinary record.
Dear SEM Students,
SEM NHS selection requirements are listed below.
NHS ----- the GPA threshold is at least 90%.
- Community Service Hours: Students must participate in at least 30 hours both on and off campus. At least 5 hours should be on-campus community service. Students must provide evidence that their community service was indeed performed at the location and during the claimed time period. Students may provide a letter head with supervisors' contact information for verification community service hours.
- Extra-Curricular: Students must participate in at least two school sponsored extra-curricular activities. Students must provide a certification form from their sponsor to show that they indeed participate in those activities on a regular basis and are in good standing.
- Leadership ability: Students will write a short essay (no more than 200 words) about their leadership characteristics/skills and the impact they have made on their community (either school, church, home, etc.). The SEM NHS Faculty Council will read applicant essays without student names.
The application and additional required documents must be turned in by the deadline in order to be considered. No late applications will be accepted.
SEM NHS Faculty Council