What can my counselor do for me?
Counselors will help you by:
- Reviewing your choice of subjects each spring during registration (February - April)
- Helping solve academic scheduling problems
- Providing study skills and academic information
- Providing career and college information
- Helping in teacher/student relationships
- Helping cope with family issues
- Listening to concerns about friends, etc.
- Providing information about life and decision-making skills
- Referring you to people or places outside of school for help if necessary
- Being your advocate – counselors are here for you!
Seagoville Counselors are certified by the state of Texas in School Counseling, have a Master’s Degree, and previous teaching experience.
In addition, each high school campus has a school mental health specialist that has additional training in specialty areas to help students maintain and choose a healthy lifestyle. They provide counseling, prevention activities and crisis intervention for students. Dallas ISD Youth and Family Centers can provide mental health services for Dallas ISD students and their families. Please see your school counselor for more information.
Please visit our counseling blog link below for scholarships, summer school updates and other important information.
Resources for emergencies click here
Seagoville High School - Schedule change policy 2022 - 2023
Please know we want EVERY student to have a correct schedule and to receive their course choices. Unfortunately, classes are not offered every period, which may affect your course choice. We will place you in your alternate course if that is available. If it is not, we will place you in a course that is offered during that period.
Schedule changes will only be permitted for the following reasons:
- I am a senior and I am not enrolled in the class needed for graduation.
- I have the same class twice on my schedule.
- I am enrolled in a class for which I have already earned credit.