What can my counselor do for me?
Counselors will help you by:
- reviewing your choice of subjects each spring during registration (February - April)
- helping solve academic scheduling problems
- providing study skills and academic information
- providing career and college information
- helping in teacher/student relationships
- helping cope with family issues
- listening to concerns about friends, etc.
- giving you information about life and decision-making skills
- referring you to people or places outside of school for help if necessary
- being your advocate – counselors are here for you!
Seagoville Counselors are certified by the state of Texas in School Counseling, have a Master’s Degree, and previous teaching experience.
In addition, each high school campus has a school psychologist that have additional training in specialty areas to help students maintain and choose a healthy lifestyle. They provide counseling, prevention activities and crisis intervention for students. Dallas ISD Youth and Family Centers can provide mental health services for Dallas ISD students and their families. Please see your school counselor for more information.
For more information on the City of Dallas COVID-19 resources and information hotline click here.
For more information and assistance in finding COVID-19 (Coronavirus Pandemic) resources click here.
For more information and resources regarding colleges and post-secondary success click here.