Dual credit is a process through which a student may earn high school credit for successfully completing a college course that provides advanced academic instruction beyond, or in greater depth than, the Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills (TEKS) for a corresponding high school course. The “dual credit” earned is college credit and high school credit for one course.
Steps to sign up for DUAL CREDIT:
1. Apply for Dual Credit here:
Apply to Richland College through www.applytexas.org. Start by creating a new account.
When applying use your name EXACTLY how it appears on your birth certificate.
Visit Mr. Shipley in the Library for any questions about the applications.
2. Request your transcript through the couselors link here:
3. All students under the age of 22 must show proof of vaccination records of Bacterial Meningitis.
Bacterial Meningitis Vaccination Verification Form: https://www.dcccd.edu/apply-reg/apply/pages/meningitis.aspx
Bacterial Meningitis Vaccination is discounted at Dallas County Health and Human Services. $10 for first time visit and $5 for any after.
The Dallas County Health and Human Services website: https://www.dallascounty.org/departments/dchhs/immunization-hours.php
4. Visit your assigned counselor after you receive your DCCCD ID # (you will receive it 1-3 days after you apply on www.applytexas.org)
Bring this form signed by your parent.Make sure you INITIAL all the statements on the second page!
See what courses you are insterested in taking and talk to your counselor about which class. You can see the course listings on the "List of classes" tab to the left.
Fill out this form for classes you want to sign up for. Blue and Black ink only. Parent signature required.
5. Submit an official transcript to Richland College.
Mail your sealed transcript to:
Richland College - Dual Credit Program
12800 Abrams Road
Dallas, TX 75243
Attention: Jessica Hodges (Crockett Hall)
6. Take and pass the required TSI test (unless you qualify for exepmtion):
7. Fill out the Family Education Rights and Privacy Act
8.Fill out the consent to Emergency Treatment:
Textbooks are available to DISD students for FREE if they request 8 weeks in advance of the class.