Dedication runs strong throughout the Dallas Independent School District
with more than 19,000 employees working toward realizing
our vision of becoming the best urban district in the United States.
All students will exhibit satisfactory or above performance on state assessments. Students below satisfactory performance will demonstrate more than one year of academic growth
2. Dallas ISD schools will be the primary choice for families in the district.
3. The achievement gap by race, ethnicity and socio-economic status will be no greater than 10 percentage points on all academic measures
4. Ninety-five percent of students will graduate. Ninety percent of the graduates will qualify for community college, college, military, or industry certification
5. Ninety-five percent of students entering kindergarten will be school-ready based on a multidimensional assessment.
6. All students will participate in at least one extracurricular or co-curricular activity each year.
Spruce Feeder Pattern
To be the highest performing feeder pattern
in Dallas ISD preparing students for the 21st century.
Increase STAAR Writing Performance by 5%
Increase STAAR Advanced performance
in all content areas by 5%
Increase STAAR Reading Performance by 5%
H. Grady Spruce High School
H. Grady Spruce is s school on the move - creating an environment where students thrive;
Surrounded by Joy, ignited by Hope, and grounded in Resilience.
H. Grady Spruce High School graduates students
empowered to proudly transform their community.
We support our students with a rigorous, high-achieving, and nurturing environment
that equips them to pursue their passions,
preparing them for college, career-ready jobs, and the military.
STAAR Met Standard results will improve by 10% points in each tested subject area from 2016 to 2017 results or fall above 90%.
STAAR Advanced results will improve by 5% points in each tested subject area from 2016 to 2017.
Average Daily Attendance will increase from 91% to 94% by the end of the school year.
By the end of the school year, all students will participate in at least one extracurricular or co-curricular activity.
Create a student culture system focused on inspiring behaviors and mindsets that makes succeeding in college an option for all students.
Drive instruction using on-going assessment of student learning, ensuring students have the knowledge and skills to become successful college students.
Increase student average daily attendance by creating an environment where students are surrounded by joy, ignited by hope, and grounded in resilience.
Develop leaders who have the capacity to profoundly impact the lives of our students, their families, and their community.