Degrees and Certifications:
Degrees: M.Ed. School Counseling BA Secondary Social Studies Education Certifications: EC-12 School Counseling 8-12 Social Studies Composite 4-8 Social Studies Composite
Ms. Natasha McLaurin
BTM's Counseling Services' vision is to create a community where all children feel supported, respected, and encouraged to develop to their fullest potential.
To sustain an effective counseling and guidance program that encourages social and academic growth while challenging students to become independent thinkers and responsible citizens.
School Counselors work in partnership with the school staff, guardians, and the community to help students have a more positive and successful experience throughout their education/ in school. The primary focus of the student support and counseling services at the elementary school level is prevention. School Counselors work with ALL students. Our goal is to help empower students with self-knowledge, positive interpersonal skills, and coping strategies for the issues that can arise or exist among our students here at Edna Rowe Elementary.
The services that I provide include, but are not limited to:
- Classroom Guidance Lessons
- Short Term Individual Counseling
- Small-Group Counseling
- Individual Student Planning
- Coordinate efforts with other school professionals to help students to be successful
- Assist in Crisis Situations
- Act as a consultant and referral source between school, parents, and the community
- Referrals to outside counseling services as needed/ or when recommended to Youth and Family Services
- Social and Emotional Learning Champion
How does a student see the School Counselor?
- Teacher Referral: Teachers click here to put in a referral for a student or on behalf of a student.
- Parent Referral: Parents, click here. Please log in using your student's EAD username and password - this can be obtained from the homeroom teacher or the student.
- Administrative Referral: