Degrees and Certifications:
Degrees: M.Ed. School Counseling BA Secondary Social Studies Education Certifications: EC-12 School Counseling 8-12 Social Studies Composite 4-8 Social Studies Composite
Ms. Natasha McLaurin
School Counselors work in partnership with the school staff, parents and the community to help students have a more positive and successful experience throughout their education/ in school. The primary focus of the student support and counseling services within the elementary school level is prevention. School Counselors work with ALL students and our goal is to help empower students with self-knowledge, positive interpersonal skills, and coping strategies for the issues that can arise or exist among our students here at Edna Rowe Elementary.
The services that I provide include, but are not limited to:
- Classroom Guidance Lessons
- Short Term Individual Counseling
- Small-Group Counseling
- Individual Student Planning
- Coordinate efforts with other school professionals in order to help students to be successful
- Assist in Crisis Situations
- Act as a consultant and referral source between school, parents, and community
- Referrals for outside counseling services as needed/ or when recommended, to Youth and Family Services
- 504 Chair/ Coordinator
- Section 504 – a student that has an IDENTIFIED CONDITION/DISABILITY that affects at least one major life activity is eligible for reasonable accommodations that help ensure the students academic needs are met at the same level as his or her peers.
- Social and Emotional Learning Champion
How does a student see the School Counselor?
- Teacher Referral: Teachers click here to put in a referral for a student or on the behalf of a student.
- Parent Referral: Parents click here. Please log in using your student's EAD username and password - this can be obtained from the homeroom teacher or the student.
- Administrative Referral: