Food is available for students at Garcia Middle School or Adamson High School every Thursday from 10:00AM to 1:00PM. You will need either an ID or a report card.
Comida esta disponible todos los Jueves de 10:00AM a 1:00PM en Garcia Middle School o Adamson High School. Solo necesita el ID del estudiante o sus calificaciones.
Here is a list of alternative sites for food distribution for Thursday:
Location Address Delivery Time Budget Suites - Marsh 15130 Marsh Ln, Addison, TX 75237 10:30 AM Townhouse Suites 4150 Independence Dr, Dallas, TX 75237 11:30 AM Budget Suites - Walton Walker 10222 N Walton Walker Blvd, Dallas, TX 75220 10:30 AM Budget Suites - Stemmons 8150 N Stemmons Fwy, Dallas, TX 75247 10:00 AM Super 7 Inn 8108 E. R. L Thornton Fwy, Dallas, 75228 10:00 AM Budget Suites - Forest Lane 9519 Forest Lane, Dallas, 75243 11:00 AM Candlewood Suites 7930 N Stemmons Fwy, Dallas, TX 75247 12:30 PM Extended Stay 4022 Parkside Center Blvd, Farmers Branch, TX 75244 11:45 AM Intown Suites 8201 Brookriver Dr, Dallas, TX 75247 1:30 PM Morningstar Baptist Church 1932 Dennison St, Dallas, TX 75212 12:00 PM Bethlehem Center 4410 Leland Ave, Dallas, TX 75215 11:00 AM Highland Hills Library DART Distribution 11:00 AM JC Turner Recreation Center DART Distribution 11:00 AM T Marshall Recreation Center DART Distribution 11:00 AM
Food Assitance is also available by calling 214-269-0906.
Here is a list of other resources available for food assitance.
- Here is a list of open food pantries inclusive of hours.
- North Texas Food Bank has shifted to box distribution model with partner agencies. Food4Kids and School Pantry programs remain fully functional, and they are partnering with the City to deliver snack/hydration kits to the homeless.
- Dallas County Health and Human Services Older Adult Services Program is currently providing meals delivered to homebound seniors. There is a drive-thru for hot meal pick-up service set up at each senior center location. Seniors needing these resources can call 214-819-1860 to enroll.
- Crossroads Community Services food pantry details can be found here.
- Meals will be provided to all children at most district middle and high schools and will be distributed twice a week, on Monday and Thursday between 10 AM and 1 PM. On Monday you will receive Breakfast, Lunch, and Supper for Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. Thursday will have Breakfast, Lunch, and Supper for the rest of the week, including Saturday. For pick up locations and menus, visit this link.
- KIPP charter schools providing healthy, ready-to-heat breakfast and lunch to any student 19 or younger in our communities, not just to students enrolled at a KIPP Texas campus. Our meal pickup details are all available through the Texas Education Agency’s new meal finder website.
- The City of Dallas WIC Program will be offering WIC benefits by phone only from March 21, 2020 to April 3, 2020. Please contact us using one of the following:
- If you need benefits for the first time, please enroll at www.texaswic.org, and you will be contacted. Call 214-670-7200. Or call 1-800-942-3678. Update your contact information by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Breastfeeding questions? Call 214-670-7222.
- Pet food resource - any family, community organization, or rescue group who needs help with dog food; please feel free to reach out to Ninfa Beltran with the SPCA at email@example.com. She will be coordinating and facilitating the distribution of dog food.