AboutW.W. Samuell High School is known for its high academic standards and excellent extracurricular activities. Teachers at Samuell High School are screened and selected according to the highest standards and their potential benefit to our students.The school has an excellent Achievement Via Individual Determination (AVID) program and is on its way to becoming a nationally recognized site. Students have made great strides academically. With continued effort, our aspiration is to become a recognized campus.Samuell High School is proud of its achievements, parents, staff, and, above all, students. Samuell High School graduates receive scholarships to attend the top two- and four-year universities in the nation, including Ivy League Schools.Beginning August 2012, Dallas Independent School District’s W. W. Samuell High School began offering an Early College High School program to the Class of 2016. The program provides a college-for-all model to the Southeast and East Dallas community.
The Early College High School program provides eligible students with the opportunity to earn up to 60 hours of college credit while also earning their High School diploma. This tuition-free experience is accomplished through a partnership with Eastfield College.
Student, School and Faculty Awards
- Battle of the Bands Competition
- District 4A Football Championship
- AVID National Recognized Site
- Teacher of the Year Finalist
- Student Scholarships:
- Dallas ISD Superintendent’s Scholarship
- Texas Longhorn Opportunity Scholarship
- Justin Deloitte PGA Scholarship
- Southeast Dallas Chamber of Commerce Scholarship
- National Association of Black Accountants