Dear Law Magnet Families,
Thank you for visiting our website, and welcome to the Judge Barefoot Sanders Law Magnet!
In the uncertain times of the 2022-2023 school year, there are five things goals we are focused on:
1) We will use high leverage, research based, professional development, resources, instructional materials, activities and technology to improve student achievement for all students regardless of their background or circumstances.;
2) Student achievement on the ninth grade state assessment in English Language Arts at the Meets performance level will increase from 99% to 100% by 2022 and increase from 50% or above at the Masters performance level.;
3) Maintain and improve College and Career Ready processes, systems, and structures to ensure higher access for all students 9-12 regardless of background or circumstances.;
4) 100% of all Law Magnet students will participate in at least one extracurricular or co-curricular activity during the 2022-2023 school year.; and
5) Cultivate a culture of feedback, support, and communication to positively impact instruction and overall climate.
School may look different this year with online learning and, hopefully, at some point returning to an in-building hybrid model. Yet what will never change is our commitment to serving our students, families, and community with care, compassion, and dedication.
We call our community the “Law Magnet Family” because we want our school family to be an extension of your family. We want to serve you in times of joy, happiness, and triumph, but also in times of challenge, grief, and struggle. Academic learning and growth are our bottom line, yet we also understand that educating students means being attentive to the “whole child” and caring about their social and emotional well-being.
Our teachers and staff love our students, and we love to be a part of their learning and growth during these crucial years of development. We love having parents in our school and contributing to our positive school culture, whether that is mostly online or in-building this year. Parents and community are a big part of who we are, and we want you to help us tell our story.
Please share with us your perspectives and let us know how things are going for you and your student at the Law Magnet. You can email me anytime at email@example.com or call our office at 972-925-5950.
Visit our Law Magnet Twitter page and “Follow” our school account @LawMag214 if you have your own Twitter account. Also visit our Facebook. We update this page regularly with insights into what’s going on schoolwide and in our classrooms.
Our website is also a valuable source of information. Every message that we send out to families can be found on our website, along with our newsletters and other important information.
We are a place of learning, belonging, growth, and support for students, families, and community. Thank you for being a part of our community and school! Let us know how we can help make your Law Magnet experience even better!
We look forward to hearing from you!
Law Magnet Administration