Welcome! ¡Bienvenidos! Bienvenue!
Downtown Montessori at Ida B. Wells Academy
Library Media Center
The Downtown Montessor at Ida B. Wells Academy Library Media Center will ignite a lifelong passion for learning in every student through creative partnerships that offer diverse literary experiences, personalized instruction, and innovative technologies.Our PhilosophyThe Downtown Montessor at Ida B. Wells Academy Library Media Center supports the members of the Montessori community in their academic, professional, and personal needs. Through collaboration and integration of information literacy skills, students will be able to function successfully in the 21st-century information society. The Library Media Center promotes reading and provides an educational environment that encourages, inspires, and stimulates students’ interests and appreciation for reading and learning.
We are vital to the Downtown Montessor at Ida B. Wells Academy learning community:
as leaders, collaborators, educational technologists and innovators
Learn what your librarian can do for you!
Librarians are experts in inquiry, inclusivity, collaboration, curating resources, exploration, innovation, and engagement. We help students to think, create, share, and grow. Libraries specialize in student choice and student voice. Libraries specialize in establishing cultures of literacy and inclusiveness by exposing students to invaluable new perspectives.
Your librarian can teach you:
- Critical thinking and problem-solving
- Collaboration across networks
- Agility and adaptability
- Initiative and entrepreneurship
- Effective oral, written, and multimedia communication
- Accessing and analyzing information
- Curiosity and imagination
~The library is connecting school to the world outside of the classroom~
Your librarian can:
- Plan & co-teach engaging lessons
- Partner in integration of new technology in your classroom
- Locate, vet, curate, and share high quality resources for you & your students
- Connect student with books to nurture lifelong readers
- Support & advancement of curriculum development
- Cohort in exploring & trying new things and ideas
- Help students develop research & presentation skills
- Community builder both within the school & globally
- Collaborate on innovative projects
- Facilitate lessons & discussions on digital citizenship topics
Library Hours & Contact Information
Mr. Marvin Gonzalez
Phone: (972) 749-2506 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
School website: https://www.dallsisd.org/downtownmontessori
Library Media Center Open Hours:
Library Time: Monday - Friday: Schedule can vary from week to week and day to day
Contact me: email@example.com
Monday - Friday: email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Location: 1901 Main St.
Always log in with your DISD Google account.
* If you need Technology Assistance visit Remedy Force or call TAC (972) 925-5630