WHAT TYPES OF ABSENCES MAY BE EXCUSED?
- Child's illness or injury
- Family emergency
- Death of a family member
- Doctor or dental appointments that cannot be scheduled before or after school hours
- Religious holy days
- Court appearances
HOW TO SUBMIT EXCUSE NOTES
- According to Dallas ISD Policy parents should turn in an excuse note to the
school attendance office within three days of returning to school.
- Excuse notes can be submitted to Law Magnet Office.
The link above is ONLY for excuse note submission not to request VOEs or Transcripts.
- Excuse notes must include: Student name, ID, grade, date of absence, reason
and parent signature.
- See below to download a blank excuse/absence
note (optional). (Attached PDF template)
Parent/Guardian notes will be required for virtual absences.
Note: Students with excessive absences may be required
to return to on-campus instruction.
Have questions? Contact Jannelly Mata