Welcome to Dallas ISD! The Journey Starts with New Teacher Academy (NTA) for all teachers, librarians, media specialists, and campus instructional coaches new to their roles or new to the district. Any employee that is on a 191-day contract is required to attend NTA.
WHO ATTENDS NEW TEACHER ACADEMY?
The following groups of new hires are expected to attend NTA:
- Newly hired 2021-2022 school year Teachers who completed their hiring appointment with a Staffing Specialist
- Current 2020-2021 school year Teachers who started work after February 5, 2021, must attend NTA
- Newly hired Media Specialists/Librarians
- New-to-district Campus Instructional Coaches (CIC's)
What Can I Expect at NTA?
Attend your Hiring Appointment with your Staffing Specialist. Once cleared for hire, you'll receive an invitation to pick up a computing device, and activate your credentials. Your Staffing Specialist must complete all steps of your hiring process in order for you to receive an invitation.
Register for New Teacher Academy (NTA) and your Laptop Pickup Session. You'll receive an email from NewTeachers@DallasISD.org within a week after your Staffing Specialist completes your hiring process.
Check your personal email for information and logistics on your scheduled New Teacher Academy the week of the event.
Here are some items you'll want to keep in mind:
- Make sure Dallas ISD has your updated personal email address. We'll send communication to the address you used to apply for your position.
- Be sure to check your email account (including junk/spam folders) for messages from NewTeachers@DallasISD.org
- View important new hire information on DallasISD.org/Onboarding.
Keep checking your email and this page for updates including important upcoming dates & times, NTA registration information, and helpful new teacher resources!Remember, you can always reach out to us at NewTeachers@DallasISD.org.