WHAT TYPES OF ABSENCES MAY BE EXCUSED?
- Child's illness or injury
- Family emergency
- Death of a family member
- Doctor or dental appointments that cannot be scheduled before or after school hours
- Religious holy days
- Court appearances
*Note: No student should exceed 5 absences in any subject for the semester. Both excused “E” and unexcused “U” count towards this total. If your student has been approved by the nurse to be out of school and the proper documentation has been completed, the absence will not count toward the total number of absences.
HOW TO SUBMIT EXCUSE NOTES
- According to Dallas ISD Policy parents should turn in an excuse note to the school attendance office within three days of returning to school.
- Excuse notes can be submitted by email to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. The email above is ONLY for excuse note submission not to request VOEs or Transcripts.
- Excuse notes must include: Student name, ID, grade, date of absence, reason and parent signature.
- See below to download a blank excuse/absence