Current 5th grade O.M.R. scholars who reside in the Roberts school zone have the option to attend J.L.Long Middle School or Billy E. Dade Middle School beginning in 6th grade. Currently, 5th grade scholars who attend Roberts but reside outside of the Roberts school zone may attend Billy E. Dade Middle School or the middle school in the area where they reside. Campus leaders will continue to update parents on the process and facilitate each step of the middle school transition process. Information regarding registration and enrollment at both schools will be provided in the spring. Below are the steps that we will follow to support enrollment in both of these schools:
- Our counselor and campus leaders will continue to share updates and deadlines during Coffee with the Principal meetings, as well as Class Dojo and the parent call out system up until the spring.
- During the month of February, our counselor will collaborate with both middle school counselors to schedule a school visit to Roberts to assist OMR scholars with completing choice sheets for the middle school of their choice.
- Remaining choice sheets will be collected by our counselor and submitted to the appropriate school upon receipt from the parent
- Parents will complete the registration for the school of their choice in the Schoolmint system
- For parents requesting to attend J.L. Long, in the event that Long is not an option in the Schoolmint system during the registration process, parents should contact the principal at Roberts to ensure that the information is processed correctly.
We are here to support all of our scholars as they make the transition to middle school. If you have any questions or need any clarification, please do not hesitate to contact Ms.Coleman (Counselor) at the school at 972-749-8700.