School Mail Box #154
9400 North Central Expressway, Ste. 910
Dallas, TX 75231
Director, Translation Services
Translation Services provides language support to help teachers and parents communicate. These services keep parents and guardians informed about their child’s studies, while providing school staff with efficient and accurate communication in the languages most spoken in the district. The services listed below are provided FREE of charge to Dallas ISD schools and departments.
Please click on the appropriate link below to request services.
- Document translation - Document Translations Requests
- Meeting interpretation - Meeting Interpretations Requests
- Academic language support in Arabic, Burmese, Chin, Kirundi, Pashto, and Swahili - Academic Language Support Request
Provides communication between district staff and limited English-proficient parents via three-way conversation.
- Spanish: (972) 925-5880
The interpreters will return calls as soon as they are available.
- Arabic: (972) 925-5797
- Burmese or Chin: (972) 925-5796
- Kirundi/Kinyarwanda or Swahili: (972) 925-5889
- Pashto: (972) 925-5834
- For languages not listed, call Desi Mier at (972) 925-5882.
For calls that are longer than 15 minutes, please request an interpreter with the online form. If you have any Hotline questions, call Desi Mier at (972) 925-5882.
Translation Services (Documents):
- Please submit all documents in an editable format such as WORD. Locked texts that include images/pictures cannot be translated. Please be sure to unlock the document before submitting.
- Documents will be returned via email upon completion.
- If changes are made to the document after it has been translated, highlight changes before resubmitting for translation.
- For questions regarding document translations, call Alejandra Rios at (972) 925-5892.
Interpretation Services (Meetings):
- Interpretation services are provided for meetings as requested by Dallas ISD staff only.
- Interpreter name and assignment confirmation will be sent via email. If meeting is canceled, or a change of time/location is made, please contact Alejandra Granell at email@example.com or (972) 925-5885.
Academic Language Support in Arabic, Burmese, Chin, Kirundi, Pashto, and Swahili:
- Interpreters are available to assist teachers with students who are new to the country and whose native language is Arabic, Burmese, Chin, Kirundi or Swahili. To inquire about this service, please contact Desi Mier at firstname.lastname@example.org or (972) 925-5882.