The mission of William H. Atwell Middle School/Law Academy is to provide rigorous learning opportunities that enable students to develop and demonstrate the academic and social skills necessary to be college and workforce ready. This mission is accomplished in a safe environment that responds to the unique needs of middle school students through a joint partnership with parents, staff, and the community.
The use of academic rigor in the classrooms, participation in effort-based instruction, and the implementation of school-wide AVID strategies set the foundation for academic success for the students of William H. Atwell Middle School/Law Academy.
The law academy provides opportunities for eligible students to learn about the legal profession and interact with persons from law-related fields.
Parent participation in school activities is welcomed and encouraged. Parent involvement activities include serving on parent advisory committees, participating in the PTA, chaperoning extra/co-curricular activities, and assisting in the school. Weekly telephone messages that share necessary information and upcoming school activities are sent to parents.
Our Core Beliefs
- Our main purpose is to improve student academic achievement
- Effective instruction makes the most difference in student academic performance.
- There is no excuse for poor quality instruction.
- With our help, at risk students will achieve at the same rate as non-at risk students.
- Staff members must have a commitment to children & a commitment to the pursuit of excellence.