History of Chapel Hill Preparatory School
Chapel Hill Preparatory was built in 1956, and extensively renovated in 2016 when it became a Personalized Learning school. It is the only Dallas Independant School District school located within the city of Farmers Branch. When the area surrounding Chapel Hill Preparatory joined the city of Farmers Branch, the members of the neighborhood only did so with the agreement that the school would remain within Dallas ISD. Chapel Hill Preparatory is named after the area surrounding it, the informally named suburb of Chapel Hill. The school was formerly named William L. Cabell Elementary, and was renamed Chapel Hill Preparatory in July, 2018. The new name was selected after extensive discussions and much consultation with the community.