Residents are invited to attend meetings of the Dallas Independent School District Board of Trustees. All meetings are held at the 5151 Samuell Blvd, Dallas, TX.
- Board Briefings are held the second Thursday of each month in the Board Room at 11:30 a.m.
- Regularly scheduled board meetings are held at 6:00 p.m. on the fourth Thursday of each month in the auditorium.
Upcoming Meetings and Agendas
- 2019-2020 Meeting Dates
- Board Agendas & Meetings - All meetings and agendas from April 9, 2015 forward (Board Docs)
- Live Meeting Webcast
Rules of Conduct for Board Meetings
The public is encouraged to attend public board meetings and to address their issues and concerns within the limitations set by the Board of Trustees, First Amendment Rights, and by law.
It is the intent of the district and the expectations of the community to expect that all board meetings be conducted in accordance with proper decorum and be civil, peaceful, and professional. To ensure the safety and security of all residents and visitors, the following rules are in effect:
- As a condition of entry, attendees must agree to pass through metal detectors; those who refuse may not be allowed into the meeting.
- Residents and visitors are not allowed to bring posters, banners, or other items that may disrupt the meeting.
- All in attendance must be seated throughout the meeting. No one in attendance shall be allowed to stand on the sides or in the rear of the room or in the aisles. Anyone refusing to sit or remain seated will be required to leave the auditorium or district property.
- It is a violation of law for residents and visitors to engage in criminal acts that breach the peace during board meetings. Attendees breaching the peace will be warned by the presiding officer and allowed to remain in the room, asked to leave the meeting or district property, or cited or arrested by the police.
- Residents and visitors who are asked to leave meetings due to disruption may not return to a board meeting for either 60 or 90 days.
Members of the news media and their equipment shall be limited to a specific area in the conference room. Not staying within that area, after being warned, may result in a member of the news media being removed from the meeting.
Addressing the Board of Trustees
Residents may address the Board of Trustees at the board briefings and at regularly scheduled board meetings.
- Residents may address the Board at the board briefings concerning agenda items only.
- Residents may address the board at the beginning of the regular board meeting concerning agenda items.
- At the end of the meeting, residents may address non-agenda items.
- Residents wanting to speak at regular board meetings and briefings must sign up by calling Board Services at (972) 925-3720 no later than 5 p.m. on the day before the meeting.
Speakers have the opportunity to speak on specific agenda items. A resident desiring to address the board must register to speak no later than 5 p.m. on the day before the meeting in Board Services at (972) 925-3720 during regular office hours. The earliest a person may register for an upcoming regular Board meeting or an upcoming Board Briefing is the next regular business day following the posting of that meeting. The deadline for registering to address the Board is 5 p.m. the day before the regular Board meeting. No registrations shall be accepted after 5 p.m. the day preceding the meeting. Only those who are properly registered may address the Board.
Speakers will be called in the order they registered to speak. Copies of any documents for the board are to be handed to the executive director of Board Services at that time.
Only one person may approach the microphone and only the person at the microphone will be allowed to speak, with the exception of interpreters. There will be no substitution of speakers.
Residents and visitors who have signed up to address the board are allotted three minutes to speak. Those who continue speaking after three minutes will be warned by the executive director (through the sounding of a tone) that their time is up. Upon expiration of the time limit, the resident or visitor is expected to stop speaking and either returns to his or her seat or leaves the auditorium or district property.
Groups consisting of two or more people shall appoint one person to present their views before the board.
For more on policies regarding addressing the board, visit Dallas ISD Board of Trustees Policy Online at http://pol.tasb.org/Home/Index/361.
Sign Language Interpreters
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, "sign language interpreters” are available for meetings upon a 24-hour notice. Legal reference: Texas Penal Code 42 & Texas Education Code 37.124