Student Council is a student-based civic organization designed to help promote school spirit and leadership among students. They help the students raise funds for school wide projects. They assist the community when they are in need of aid. The student council helps share students’ ideas, interests, and concerns with teachers and school principals. They often also help raise funds for school-wide activities, including social events, community projects and school reform.For example most schools do food drives, fundraisers and parties.
The purpose of student council is:
- To develop positive attitudes and to practice good citizenship.
- To promote harmonious relations throughout the entire school.
- To improve student/faculty relationships.
- To improve school morale and general welfare.
- To provide a forum for student expression.
- To plan special events or projects.