Parent Teacher Student Association
Together, we are invincible!
PTSA School of Excellence Survey:
English: SURVEY LINK
Spanish: SURVEY LINK
PTSA meeting dates are:
Sept. 10th, 2019, Tuesday
Nov. 19th, 2019, Tuesday Located in the Library 5:PM
Feb. 11th, 2020, Tuesday
April 21st, 2020, Tuesday
Parent Teacher Student Association Newsletter
Editor Ms. Roderika Ballard
PTSA - Your 20 + Member Perks
SKYLINE HIGH SCHOOL PTSA BOARD OFFICERS
Mr. D. Simmons, Principal
Mr. W. Bello, Assistant Principal / Administrative Liaison
Mr. Dulani Masimini, President – Dmasimini@dallasisd.org
Mr. Roy Pleasant, VP Fundraising
Mrs. Belinda Williams, VP Membership
Mr. Sandy Wilson, VP Programs
Mrs. Charlotte Smith, Treasurer
Mrs. Glenda Clark, Secretary
Mr. Jose Sologuren, Parliamentarian
Student Representative Member
Ms. Franchesca Jennings
Scholarship Chair - Ms. Danyelle Carpenter
Communications Chair - Mr. Jesse Bell
Our mission is to make every child's potential a reality by engaging and empowering families and communities to advocate for our children.
PTSA will be a powerful voice for all children, a relevant resource for families and communities, and a strong advocate for the education and well-being of every child.
- To bring into closer relation the home and the school, that parents and teachers may cooperate intelligently in the education of children and youth;
- To develop between educators and the general public such united efforts as will secure for all children and youth the highest advantages in physical, mental, and social education.
- Collaboration: We will work in partnership with a wide array of individuals and organizations to broaden and enhance our ability to serve and advocate for all children and families.
- Commitment: We are dedicated to children’s educational success, health, and well-being through strong family and community engagement, while remaining accountable to the principles upon which our association was founded.
- Diversity: We acknowledge the potential of everyone without regard, including but not limited to: age, culture, economic status, educational background, ethnicity, gender, geographic location, legal status, marital status, mental ability, national origin, organizational position, parental status, physical ability, political philosophy, race, religion, sexual orientation, and work experience.
- Respect: We value the individual contributions of members, employees, volunteers, and partners as we work collaboratively to achieve our association’s goals.
- Accountability: All members, employees, volunteers, and partners have a shared responsibility to align their efforts toward the achievement of our association’s strategic initiatives.
7 parental controls parents can use right now on your childs phone: Link to article
Hello Skyline Raiders,
Our PSTA is made up of parents, teachers, grandparents, guardians, school staff and others in the community that want to improve the educational lives of our children. The PSTA is the oldest and largest child advocacy association in America. Today’s PSTA is comprised of members who share a commitment to making a difference in the education, health and safety of all children. It is an organization that promotes collaboration among parents, the school and the community.
The number one reason to join the PSTA is to benefit your child. The PSTA helps not only your but every child. Your children are important to you and they are important to us! Children will learn more and perform better in school when parents are involved in their education and of course our children all enjoy having the support of their family members.
Your involvement is how our PSTA stays strong and our children achieve success! Your support for the PSTA is critical to our amazing school. Our PSTA membership dues is only $10.00 per person. Online there is an service fee charge of 1.20 in addition to the 10.00 dollars, http://www.joinpta.org/ . Your membership dues can be deposited in the PTA box located in the Main Office.
Thank you for your support in advance for the Skyline PTSA for the 2019-2020 school year!
Skyline PTSA President