Special Education Parent Intake Center
Recognizing that parents, families and caregivers of special needs students have unique concerns and needs, the Dallas school district launched a Special Education Parent Intake Center to provide the adults and students alike with the special support they need.
About the Parent Intake Center
The Dallas ISD Special Education Department created the new Parent Intake Center to strengthen communication with parents and families of special needs students ages 3 to 21 who face significant challenges and need a place to go for answers and support.
The center is a point of access for parents with students in special education who need resources to:
- Resolve concerns regarding special education services and become involved in their child’s education
- Become informed about educational processes and effective parenting
- Obtain services in the community and beyond (internet)
- Plan transitions for the special needs student
- Develop coping skills or join a support group
The center is staffed by two bilingual social workers and supported by central staff from the district's Special Education Department. The center is designed to assist families in developing the communication, collaboration, and trust necessary to achieve positive outcomes for their students.
The Dallas ISD Special Education Department has developed a parent survey that will provide information to improve the Admission, Review, and Dismissal process.
The survey will be given to you at the close of each ARD meeting. Once you have completed the survey, choose the most convenient way to return it:
- Return it to your child’s teacher
- Mail it to the following address:
Dallas ISD Special Education Department
Attention: Michael Milstead
912 South Ervay Street
Dallas, Texas 75201
- Click on the link to complete the survey online-http://www.surveymonkey.com/r/sessurvey2015
- click to download or print a pdf of the survey to return via mail or to the school
For more information call 972-581-4120.
November 28, 2018
5:00 PM - 6:30 PM Coping with Epilepsy / ¿Cómo afecta la vida diaria la epilepsia?
November 29, 2018
1:15 PM - 2:00 PM Sign Language Class/ Clase de Lenguaje de Señas
November 30, 2018
9:30 AM - 11:00 AM What is an ARD?/ ¿Que es un ARD?