Welcome to the E.L. DeGolyer Library
Welcome to the E.L. DeGolyer Library page. My name is Ms. Bolin and I have been the librarian at DeGolyer for four years now. I enjoy working with the students and staff here and hope to encourage a love for literacy in all our scholars!
- Campus Library Mission
My primary mission as the DeGolyer Campus Librarian is to encourage all individuals to become lifelong learners.
Under the leadership of Library Media Services, the campus librarian will incorporate the following Standards of Service:
- provide a comprehensive collection of instructional materials with equitable access selected in compliance with Dallas ISD approved collection development policies while responding positively to changes that users need and want in resources, formats, and services;
- support the students’ right to self-selection of materials for enjoyment or information;
- support academic rigor by integrating the teaching of research and information processing skills to ensure students are college ready and effective life-long users of information and creative problem solvers;
- encourage a high level of circulation which includes intra-library loan of materials to all students and staff;
- collaborate with teachers so that information processing skills and ethical behavior in the use of the information are taught in the context of the curriculum through direct instruction of all resources;
- nurture and cultivate effective teaching to foster competence and stimulate interest in reading, viewing, and, using information and ideas;
- stay abreast of the information culture of students and staff and incorporate this awareness into the library program;
- be an active participant in moving the library program forward by broadening one’s professional learning through articles, conferences, professional development, and networking with colleagues;
- support the social and emotional learning of all students; and
- seek knowledge of technological changes and integrate them effectively into the framework of the curriculum.
According to Open Education Database (OEDb) MakerSpace is simply a place “where people gather to get creative with DIY projects, invent new ones, and share ideas.”
In MakerSpace we work on simple projects such as origami and constructing small structures with household items. We will increase in complexity as we collaborate, problem solve and learn together. These projects will be presented periodically during the school day as centers.
Spring 2020 Book Fair
The Spring 2020 Book Fair has been canceled due to the school closings. Our Online-Only Book Fair will run April 3-April 16, 2020. Feel free to share the link with family and friends: DeGolyer Online Fair