The Talented and Gifted Academy
Spence is the original academy for the talented and gifted. The TAG Academy was first stablished in 1973 and continues to give our gifted students opportunities to learn with similar peers and from motivated teachers that can push students to their highest potential.
- It is only one of two 80th percentile schools in Dallas ISD making it a high achieving TAG academy.
- We are unique in that we are a school within a school concept - allowing magnet students opportunities such as increased elective options, sports, cheerleading, extra-curriculars that are not offered at all academies.
- We are an Advanced Academic program - we challenge the academically gifted and talented student. Our program is aligned with College Board standards and prepares students to be successful in Pre-AP classes and more challenging AP and IB classes in magnet high schools.
- Students attend 4+ field trips a year to encourage global learning.
- Students can leave their 8th grade year with credit for many high school courses such as Algebra, Astronomy, Physics etc.
- Boasts a low student/teacher ratio - each grade level is approximately 90 students.