The Talented and Gifted Academy
Spence is the original academy for the talented and gifted. Our TAG Academy was first stablished in 1973 and continues to give gifted students opportunities to learn with similar peers and from motivated teachers that can push students to their highest potential.
- It is only one of two 80th percentile schools in Dallas ISD making it a high achieving TAG academy.
- We are unique because we have an advanced TAG Magnet program on a comprehensive campus - allowing magnet students opportunities such as increased elective options, sports, cheerleading, extra-curriculars that are not offered at all academies.
- We are an Advanced Academic program consisting of all Honors (Pre-AP) core courses aligned with College Board standards. This prepares students to be successful in Pre-AP classes and more challenging AP and IB classes in magnet high schools.
- Teachers provide students in the TAG program with additional opportunities for Project-based learning with Design Thinking.
- TAG Students create cumulative portfolios and host showcases/exhibitions of their work semesterly.
- Students attend various field trips, lectures, and workshops a year to encourage global learning.
- Students can leave their 8th grade year with up to 8 credits for high school courses such as Algebra, Astronomy, Physics etc.
- Students are a part of a cohort-style learning model with other TAG students