The Viking Media Center
Media Center Hours of Operation
Before School: Monday - Friday
Monday: 8:30am - 4:30pm
Tuesday: 8:30am - 4:30pm
Wednesday: 8:30am - 4:30pm
Thursday: 8:30am - 4:30pm
Friday: 8:30 - 4:30pm
*During instructional time, students will need a signed and dated Viking Academic Pass from their teacher.
The mission of the L.G. Pinkston High School Library Media Center is to challenge students and staff to become empowered by information, promote a passion for reading, along with developing literate lifelong seekers and evaluators of information. We are dedicated to providing access to balanced information that meets the intellectual, curricular, and recreational needs of our patrons. The Library Media Specialist, and Library Media Assistant, are both committed to advocating for student literacy through teacher-librarian collaboration.
Goals and Objectives
Our school library program’s main objective is to enrich and support the curriculum in all content areas and assist with instructional resources that will implement the district’s curriculum. The library media center will cultivate a safe, comfortable learning environment for students and faculty in which they have access to a wealth of instructional resources that will:
- Build avid and capable readers.
- Create and enable proficient and refined researchers and life-long learners.
- Actively collaborate with teachers as an active instructional partner
through lesson development and delivery.
- Present all sides of controversial issues to promote critical analysis skills.
- Represent diverse ethnic, religious, and cultural groups and their