Mary McLeod Bethune Elementary
School Parent Compact
I want my child to achieve. Therefore, I shall strive to:
· See that my child is punctual and strives for 100% attendance and contact the school if my child is absent. (Have my child in school at or before 8:00 a.m.)
· Support the school in its efforts to maintain proper discipline.
· Ensure my child wears his/her uniform daily.
· Provide a quiet, well lighted study area with necessary materials to complete homework.
· Establish a time and place for homework and check the work nightly:
Ø My child’s homework place is
Ø My child’s homework time is
· Talk with my child about his/her school activities every day.
It is important that students achieve. Therefore, I shall strive to:
· Provide homework assignments for students a minimum of Monday through Thursday.
· Encourage students and parents by providing information about student progress.
· Provide motivating authentic learning experiences in my classroom.
· Explain my expectations, instructional goals, and grading system to students and parents.
It is important that I work to the best of my ability. Therefore, I shall strive to:
· Achieve 100% attendance.
· Wear my uniform daily or follow the Dallas Independent School District Dress Code.
· Come to school each day with pens, pencils, paper, and other necessary tools for learning.
· Work as hard as I can on my school assignments, complete and return homework assignments.
· Observe a regular uninterrupted 30 minutes of reading time Sunday through Saturday.
· Follow the Code of Student Conduct.
· Know that I will learn!
· Bring Cell Phone phone to office for safe keeping.
It is important that all students achieve. Therefore, I shall strive to:
Create a welcoming environment for students, parents and guardians.
Communicate to students and parents the school’s mission and goals.
Ensure a safe and orderly learning environment.
Reinforce the partnership between parents, students, and staff.
Act as the instructional leader by supporting teachers in the classrooms.
Provide appropriate staff development and training for teachers and parents.
Provide appropriate learning opportunities for parents.
Principal’s Signature:________________________________________________________________Most important, we promise to help each other carry out this agreement.
Signed on this _______ day of ____________________________________________________, 2017.