We are pleased to offer the Two-Way Dual Language Program. We work closely with the Dallas ISD World Lanugages and Bilingual ESL departments to ensure the best possible bicultural, bi-literate, and bilingual instruction.The dual language program features instruction in Spanish for reading, social studies, and math as part of our curriculum. Our goal is to prepare students to be bilingual, biculutral, and bi-literate in order to graduate and be college-and-career ready in a global and competitive economy.Our two-way program integrates English-speaking and Spanish-speaking students to support the goal of academic excellence and bilingual proficiency for both groups. At Kramer Elementary, the Two-Way Dual Language Enrichment Model is set up to maximize language acquisition while meeting the rigor of Texas State Standards in content areas.Program Outcomes:
- Bilingual, bi-literate, and bicultural students.
- HIgh academic and linguistic proficiency in two languages.
- Positive cross-cultural attitudes among students.
- Higher student achievement outcomes.
- Strengthens intergroup relationships and honor for multiple cultures and languages.
- Prepares students with 21st century skills that will benefit them in the labor marker and the global society.
- Encourages students to expand their knowledge of other world languages.
- Certify attainment of bi-literacy skills.
- Recognize the value of lanugage diversity.
- Students become bilingual, bi-literate, and bicultural.