Welcome to the Dallas ISD Enrollment page. We are excited that you have chosen to educate your child in Dallas ISD and want to ensure that we make the enrollment process as clear and seamless as possible. Read below for information on who can enroll in Dallas ISD, how to enroll in Dallas ISD and what you will need to complete your enrollment.
How to enroll in Dallas ISD.
Elementary and secondary parents and families can enroll students in Dallas ISD in person or online.
- Online Enrollment: Parents and guardians may register online at https://classroom.powerschool.com. To create a new Unified Classroom account, unlock an existing account, or associate new students with an existing account, please contact your local campus to assist with account access and to obtain your student’s Access ID code. For security purposes, this code is provided by the school. Not sure which school to contact? Please try the online school locator at https://www.dallasisd.org/Page/22688 to find your closest campus.
- Paper Enrollment: Parents and families who would like to enroll using paper forms, visit your child’s assigned campus with the appropriate documents based on whether your child is a new or returning student. Parents and families can access the documents needed for paper enrollment at www.dallasisd.org/paperenrollment
- Pre-K Enrollment: Visit www.dallasisd.org/prek.
If you have any questions or need help with enrollment, please call (972) 925-5555. For questions or help with pre-k enrollment, please call (214) 932-7735..
You have a legal right to enroll in a free public school
Students ages 5 to 21 who have not graduated from high school are entitled to a free public education in Dallas schools if they meet the age requirements for enrollment on Sept. 1. Students over the age of 21 can enroll into a Dallas ISD High School if required by law. They must reside within the district's attendance boundaries and provide satisfactory evidence of required immunizations. Or apply for an out of district transfer, for more information on out of district applications visit www.dallasisd.org/studenttransfers.
- Students receiving special education services may continue to be enrolled in school until they are 22 years of age on or before Sept. 1 of the current school year.
- To be enrolled in a prekindergarten program, a child must be at least 4 years of age on or before Sept. 1 of the current school year and meet one of the following criteria:
- be unable to speak and comprehend English
- come from a family whose income, according to the standards set by the State Board of Education, is at or below the subsistence level established by the state of Texas and according to federal guidelines
- be eligible for services for the homeless
- Federal law ensures that all students have equal access to basic public education regardless of race, color, national origin, citizenship, immigration status, or the status of their parents or guardians.
The district's magnet school system is made of magnets for high school students, academies for middle school students, and vanguards for elementary school students. The schools provide career-oriented or specialized curriculum in addition to academic subjects.
Dallas ISD new Transformation Schools offer specialized academic programming, similar to Magnet Schools. Transformation Schools are open enrollment districtwide and tap into students’ individual interests, learning styles, and aspirations. Transportation will be provided.
Health Insurance Program
For more information about the Children's Health Insurance Program, Children's Medicaid, and Children's perinatal application, call the Dallas ISD Medicaid Coordination Services at (972) 581-4793.