TIMELINE EXTENSION FOR PD HOURS
With the goal of increasing student achievement and in support of teachers, the district is extending the timeline for teachers to complete their professional development hours from December 21, 2018, to March 31, 2019. This change applies to all teachers, existing teachers, and new teachers. hired prior to November 16, 2018.
REQUIRED PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT HOURS
Teachers are required to complete twenty-one (21) hours of professional development for the 2018-2019 school year. This change may affect the teacher in the following ways:
• By March 31, 2019, the teacher has completed 21 hours of professional development, then the teacher has MET his/her contractual obligation and the TEI rating may be positively impacted.
• By March 31, 2019, if the teacher has not completed 21 hours of professional development, the teacher HAS NOT met his/her contractual obligation, then
- hours not completed may first be taken from the teacher's PTO balance or may be docked from compensation on the May 2019 paycheck.
- TEI rating may be negatively impacted.
• For teachers hired after November 16. 2018, the district encourages you to participate in district-sponsored training to become familiar with district-provided resources and support services.
For more information click here
Technology Help for 1:1 Environment
With new laptops and new technology coming in throughout the district - some may have found that a little extra help could be beneficial!
With the help of Apple, Lenovo, HP, and Amazon training information, Dallas ISD has set up websites to help teachers with their questions and to provide tips and tricks for successful integration of this new technology in the classroom. Please see our help sites for links, tutorials and more for the following devices:
Need more information about the 21 PD Credit Hours?
Remember ... when you have attended a session and attendance has completed, it may appear as if the session disappears from your transcript. It has not! You will need to go to the left and change the drop down menu from 'Active' to 'Completed' to see your completed sessions. From there, to view your certificate, just click the drop-down menu to the right of the session name.
Do you need help with Cornerstone? Ask your Library Media Specialist on campus, or check our help website.
Video tutorial about Unified Classroom Curriculum Guide.
Click here to find your curriculum.