Innovation Engine Grant Program
The 2019-2020 application period is currently closed.
About the Innovation Engine:
You're Invited! The Innovation Engine is the District's newest grant application process. This program will annually provide up to 20 Dallas ISD neighborhood schools with $50,000 each to support them in exploring and implementing an innovative program or initiative. This is your Invitation to Innovation.
The timeline below outlines the application process for the 2019-2020 school year (grant cycle one):
Eligible applicants include principals of neighborhood schools that have not previously received funding through OTI. Innovation Schools, Transformation Schools, and wall-to-wall Magnet Schools are not eligible for funding. Neighborhood schools with Magnet or other application-based programs may apply for an initiative that will support their general student body.
If you are unsure of your school's eligibility, please reach out to Courtney Rogers using the contact information below to confirm.
Applicant and Grantee Requirements:
The Innovation Engine grant program is designed to be accessible and seamless for all school teams. Applicants and grantees must fulfill the following limited requirements to participate:
- Submit a brief proposal by the stated deadline using the application form linked below.
- If selected, participate in a fall and spring campus visit or support meeting with District staff.
- Application Form
- Applications may be handwritten or typed. In order to type your application, first download and save the form to your computer; do not complete the form in a browser window as your work will not be saved. Due to variability in technology platforms, we strongly recommend confirming the application form's compatibility with your system including the ability to save a typed copy of the form prior to completing the application. Contact Courtney Rogers using the information at the bottom of this page with any questions.
- Submit a scanned copy of your completed application form, including your Executive Director's signature, to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "Innovation Engine Application - <Your School Name>" by 11:59 pm on September 6, 2019
- Information Sessions
- Three information sessions were held from July through August. You can access the slides from the session at this link.
- Innovation Engine Program Summary
- Innovation Engine Grant FAQ's
Questions? Contact OTI Strategic Development Manager, Courtney Rogers, at email@example.com or 972-925-3778.