The Dallas ISD Athletic Hall of Fame Class of 2020 boasts legends who have made a fundamental impact on sports in the district and beyond.
The just-announced class of inductees includes:
- Football legend Jessie Armstead from Carter High School
- Basketball great Micheal Douglas Williams from Carter High School
- Renowned track and field coach (the late) Earnest James from Roosevelt High School
- Football and track star Robert Goodrich from Woodrow Wilson High School
- Golf champion (the late) Elizabeth Betty Jameson from Sunset High School
- Sports Medicine legend Phil Francis
- Basketball standout Ira Terrell from Roosevelt High School
For the third year, Dallas ISD is celebrating former staff and athletes who have accomplished significant milestones in sports and in life. Often nominated by peers and athletes they have mentored, trained and played alongside, these greats represent a stellar class of champions. Their selection followed a rigorous vetting process that considered their accomplishments, impact on Dallas school athletics and career contributions.
The 2020 Dallas ISD Induction Ceremony scheduled for May 1, 2020 has been canceled due to COVID-19.