Arrival & Dismissal Procedures
Parents may only walk students to class on the first day of school. Beginning on the second day, we ask that parents follow the procedures below.
PreK - 2nd grade: Meet in the Auditorium
3rd -5th grade: Meet in the gymnasium
Hexter Personnel and our 5th Grade Ambassadors will help with the morning drop-off along Brookhurst, beginning at 7:30 AM. They will open car doors and greet students as they exit the car. To ensure a safe and orderly car drop-off please:
- Drive slowly and carefully
- Pull forward to the front of the line as much as possible (avoid dropping off near the intersection of Brookhurst and Waterview)
- Make sure your child is ready to get out of the car when the Ambassador opens the door
- If you prefer to walk your child into the building, please cross the street between the designated crosswalks. Crossing guards will be available at 7:30 AM.
School starts promptly at 7:45 AM. If a student arrives after 7:45 AM the must report to the attendance office for an official 'tardy pass'.
All students, including PreK and Kinder, will be dismissed at 3:00 PM starting the first day of school.
After the dismissal bell, students will exit the building with their teacher and proceed to designated dismissal areas facing Brookhurst (PK-1) and Waterview (2-5).
- Students are required to notify their teacher that their parent/ride is here to pick them up. The teacher must acknowledge that they see the parent/ride before a student is allowed to leave the teacher.
- Students will only be released to the individuals designated as their pick-up contacts.
- At 3:10 any student who has not been picked up, will be taken to the auditorium to wait. Parents arriving after 3:10 will be required to enter the building to pick up their child. This procedure is designed to ensure safety.
Please note Parking will be permitted in the church parking lot or on side streets. Brookhurst will be closed from 2:45 PM to 3:10 PM to limit through traffic during this busy dismissal time.