- Ignite Middle School
- Ignite Middle School
What is Ignite Middle School
Joyful Learning: We believe that learning should be joyful! We have thoughtfully designed a school culture and have planned learning experiences that are exciting, engaging, and motivating. The IGNITE learning experience includes:
Journey to Impact: Every Ignite scholar will explore various careers and craft a unique professional vision based on their interests. Students will be supported through a 4-Phase Journey to Impact. On this journey students will answer the following critical questions within each phase:
- Awaken: Who am I? What are my strengths, goals, interests, and personality traits?
- Enlighten: What professional possibilities exist?
- Ignite: What is my unique professional vision and pathway?
- Impact: How will I change the world—today and in the future?
Cutting-Edge Technology: Ignite scholars will engage with latest educational technology in order to increase engagement, accelerate learning, and to gain a competitive career advantage. Those technological experiences include:
- Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality
- Maker Space
- Music Studio/Production
- Film Studio/Production
- Digital Literacy
- 3-D Printers and Milling Machines
- Laser Cutters
- Graphic Design
- Large Format Printing
Blended Classroom: Students will experience a unique classroom experience where academic courses are both engaging and challenging.
- A combination of face-to-face learning with teachers and computer-based learning.
- Multiple teachers in one classroom.
- Math and Science as an integrated STEM Block
- Reading Social Studies as an integrated Humanities Block
- Collaborative learning with peers
- Extended time for Reading and Math support
Project-Based learning: Ignite scholars will engage in deep collaborative learning through projects that require them to do Real Work and solve Real Problems in the Real World.
Career-Based Learning: Students will engage in a range of experiences that provide exposure to and exploration of various careers. As students form more specific interests, they will delve deeper into those fields through:
- Career-Based Projects
- Career-Based Field Trips
- Professional Mentors
- Professional Guest Speakers
- Professional Guest Teachers