SOC Athletics Frequently Asked Questions
South Oak Cliff HS Athletics
Frequently Asked Questions
Many student athletes and parent have -about athletic programs and how we are responding to COVID-19 safety.
- Will students participate in athletic events? Currently yes, we will comply with all UIL and district guidelines
- Are student-athletes required to choose the hybrid model in order to participate in athletics? No, at this time parents have the option to choose virtual learning, or the hybrid model.
- When will sports (practice) begin for each team?
- Football – August 24, 2020
- Volleyball – August 24, 2020
- Cross Country – August 24, 2020B
- Boys Basketball – August 24, 2020
- All other sports will begin practices based on UIL and district guidelines.
4. Do student athletes have to have a physical before participating? Yes. What is the date for completion of the physical? Students have until September 24th to obtain a physical.
5. Will physicals for student-athletes be available through the school? Yes, the date for physicals will be September 5, 2020. Times will be communicated by the Head Coach.
6. What are the safety protocols for athletics?
1. There are designated entry/exit points for all student-athletes.
2. Temperatures taken, students questioned, sanitizing stations available and masks required (as applicable) upon entering the building. Students with a fever will not be allowed to participate.
3. Students will practice social distancing as determined by UIL safety protocols.
4. Students must leave the campus immediately after practice.