ATTENTION STAFF-Click here to read
TO: Principals / Department Heads
FROM: Environmental Health and Safety Division
SUBJECT: Chemical Pick-Up
The Dallas ISD Environmental, Health and Safety Department is providing the following information to remind staff that Chemical Disposal Services are available at the beginning of each new school year.
- Principals/Department Heads shall designate a responsible person for the chemicals at their facility.
- Shall maintain inventory and SDS (Safety Data Sheets) for all chemicals in the facility. (Inventory must be recorded on the Form “Proper Disposal of School Chemicals”)
- Shall ensure all chemicals are clearly and properly labeled.
- Shall send an updated list of chemicals in the facility to EHS as new chemicals arrive and depart the facility.
- Shall request Chemical Disposal Services no later than September 15th of each school year.
Requesting Chemical Disposal Services:
- Fill out the “Proper Disposal of School Chemicals” Form located on the Environmental, Health and Safety page from the Dallas ISD website.
- Email EHS requesting Chemical Disposal Services with the completed “Proper Disposal of School Chemicals” form. If Chemical Disposal Services are not requested by September 15th, services will not be rendered until the following year.
Safety Data Sheets:
- All chemicals in the facility must have the corresponding Safety Data Sheets.
- All Safety Data Sheets must be kept together in the main office.
- All Safety Data Sheets are also kept in an online database and are accessible on the Environmental, Health and Safety page from the DISD website.
Thank you for your cooperation in keeping our staff and students safe. Please contact the Environmental, Health and Safety Department if you have any questions.
Environmental Health & Safety