Student Transfers
  • Important Notice: The transfer window for current year closed May, 2019.  Late applications still acceptedNot all schools will be available.  See Below.


    In-District-Students in grades K to 12th who live within DISD may apply to transfer from their assigned neighborhood school to another DISD neighborhood school.

    Out-of-District- Students in grades K to 12th who live in another district may apply to transfer to a DISD neighborhood school.


    • In approving transfers, the campus will consider availability of space and instructional staff, the student’s grades, the student’s disciplinary history, and the student’s attendance records. Some campuses will be closed and unavailable for transfer permissions.
    • The application window opens in January and closes by the end of the semester. Late applications may be accepted. Not all schools will be available.
    • No transportation is provided by the district, except as required by other laws.
    • Students who do not enroll in their transfer school or choose to withdraw may lose their transfer permission.
    • A new application must be filed when a student requests a different campus.
    • Students must abide by all UIL rules. Students are not eligible to participate in extracurricular activities at their home school. The transfer school may offer some or none of the extracurricular activity opportunities offered at the home school. Students should check eligibility rules with the transfer school.
    • Approved students may remain at the campus up to the highest grade, unless the campus revokes the permission of the student for not continuing to meet transfer rules and expectations.
    • Expectations: "If the transfer is approved, the student is expected to follow school rules, attend school regularly, maintain passing grades, uphold appropriate behavior, and participate in school activities when possible.  Parents are expected to assist their children in their academic efforts, support good behavior, ensure their children are on time and ready for school each day, and be supportive of the school's goals and objectives. Failure to meet any of these expectations may result in a transfer being revoked.”
    • Revocations: District policy states that transfer permissions will be reviewed by the campus administrator every spring semester and can be revoked based on "poor academic performance, low attendance, and/or misbehavior."  In the spring, the campus will notify the parent of any concerns regarding the transfer and revocation. If the permission is revoked, the student will need to enroll in their home campus the following year. In some cases, there can be an immediate revocation of the transfer permission.
    • Transfer Closures: In Addition, every year the district will identify schools at maximum capacity and close transfers at those schools until space becomes available.  Demographic changes in boundary zones or increases in zoned student population, may also affect a school and cause a revocation of transfer permissions.

    Do you have questions on student transfers?  Click link for frequently asked questions. FAQ-Student Transfers


    Important Notice-read before applying: Entering correct information is the responsiblity of the applicant.  Any errors or omissions may cause a delay or a change in the decision. 

     The 2019-2020 application window closed on May 29, 2019. Late Applications Accepted.  Apply Below.  Not all Schools will Available.

                             Online Application              Upload report cards, etc. to application

    Online Application -  EnglishMiddle School Application

    The 2020-2021 application window will open January 7, 2020. Apply Below beginning in January, 2020. Not all schools will be unavailable.   

    Online Application      Upload report cards, etc. to application

    Online Application -  EnglishMiddle School Application

    Print paper application below and submit directly to desired transfer school for permission.  Use only when online not available. 

    Paper App

    Attach student's report card, STAAR results, and other documents to paper application.

    Student Transfer Application-English-Espanol