Student Records and Transcript Requests
Thank you, for contacting Student Record Services. If you are needing a transcript or diploma you can request by mail or by dropping off your request at: 9400 North Central Expressway, Dallas, Texas 75231
Student Records Requests
Former Wilmer-Hutchins Independent School District diploma requests must be done by contacting Balfour at (972) 495-2440.
If you have any questions or concerns you may contact Student Record Services at (972) 925-3645.
Copies of student records are available at a cost.
Fees: Money Orders Only (Payable to Dallas ISD) Official High School Transcripts are $3.00, Census Cards are $3.00, and Elementary / Middle School records are $3.00. Proper identification and signature are required for all requests.
To Make a request:
Complete form and return to Student Record Services, Attn: Student Record Services (Box: 154). Include name while attending school, last year and campus of attendance, and contact information. Submitted request by mail, a copy of the requestor's photo identification is required. Payment must be made prior to the release of the record.
NOTE: Dallas ISD is only required to retain PK-8th grade student records from date of withdraw plus 5 years. Special Program records are only retained from cessation of service plus 5 years. Some high school records, such as the transcript are retained permanently; however, the majority of records are disposed of based on the district's retention schedules, which begin at date of withdraw and/or graduation.
Requests for Special Education Records
Special Education records are only retained by the District for a period of five (5) years from that date of withdraw or graduation of the student.
In Texas: records must be requested and disclosed through the TREx system.
The Texas Records Exchange (TREx) system is a web-based software application designed for the exchange of electronic student records as mandated by the 79th Legislature, 3rd Called Session, 2006 (House Bill 1). By using the TREx application, school registrars have the ability to electronically request and receive student records for students who have attended or will be attending Texas public schools. High school registrars and counselors also have the ability to electronically create and send official student transcripts to Texas public colleges and universities using TREx to access the University of Texas (UT) SPEEDE server.
Outside of Texas: Requests must be legible from the student's new school on their letterhead. They may be sent directly to campus by fax, US Mail, or presented in person.
The Dallas Independent School District will reprint diplomas for a fee of $10.00 each. Please make Money Orders payable to Dallas ISD. Diplomas are considered ceremonial documents, not a district record. The high school transcript (academic achievement record-AAR) is the official record of achievement/graduation.
Requests for Transcripts
Current students must obtain their Transcripts at their currently enrolled campus. Students who graduated from the Dallas ISD within the last 5 years should request school records / transcripts from their last school of attendance. For a copy visit your Campus Registrar’s Office.
Make a request:
- Request will not be processed without the signed request form, copy of photo identification or verification of identity, and payment of applicable fees.
- Former students may request their transcripts by completing the Student Record Request Form which may be mailed to the following address:
- Dallas Independent School District
- 9400 N. Central Expressway
- Attn. Student Record Services, Box 154
- Dallas, Texas 75231
- There is a $3.00 fee for each student record requested, which may be paid by money order payable to Dallas ISD. There is a 7 to 10-day turnaround for record request.
- Former Wilmer-Hutchins Independent School District requests may be done in the same manner above. Please be sure to indicate last Wilmer-Hutchins ISD school of attendance.
- All request MUST include a copy of your Driver’s License or other photo identification with signature.