School Mail Box #154
9400 North Central Expressway, Ste. 910
Dallas, TX 75231
Ivette Cruz Weis
Director, Translation Services
Phone: (972) 925-5891
Translation Services provides language support to help teachers and parents communicate. These services keep parents and guardians informed about their child’s studies, while providing school staff with efficient and accurate communication in the languages most commonly spoken in the district. The services listed below are provided FREE of charge to Dallas ISD schools and departments.
Please click on the appropriate link below to request services.
- Document translation - Document Translations Requests
- Meeting interpretation - Meeting Interpretations Requests
- Academic language support in Arabic, Burmese, Chin, Kirundi and Swahili - Academic Language Support Request
Provides communication between district staff and limited English proficient parents via
three-way conversation. Available Monday - Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
For Spanish: (972) 925-5880
For other languages: (972) 925-5884
For calls that are longer than 15 minutes, please request an interpreter with the online form. If you have any
questions, please call Desi Mier at (972) 925-5882
Translation Services (Documents):
- Please submit all documents in an editable format such as WORD. Locked texts that include images/pictures cannot be translated. Please be sure to unlock the document before submitting.
- Documents will be returned via email upon completion.
- If changes are made to the document after it has been translated, highlight changes before resubmitting for translation.
- For questions regarding document translations, call (972) 925-5892.
Interpretation Services (Meetings):
- Interpretation services are provided for meetings as requested by Dallas ISD staff only.
- Interpreter name and assignment confirmation will be sent via email. If meeting is canceled, or a change of time/location is made, please contact Alejandra Granell at firstname.lastname@example.org or (972) 925-5885.
Academic Language Support in Arabic, Burmese, Chin, Kirundi and Swahili:
- Interpreters are available to assist teachers with students who are new to the country and whose native language is Arabic, Burmese, Chin, Kirundi or Swahili. To inquire about this service, please contact Adriana Cabeza at email@example.com or (972) 925-5884.