Campus Instructional Materials Adoption Team (CIMAT) Process 2019
Reading Language Arts K – 8
Important Dates to Remember:
January 23 - February 4, 2019
Campus Staff, Parents, Students and Community
OPEN VIEWING PERIOD: Opportunity to provide input on type of instructional material adoption options via face to face viewings and online feedback.
February 5 - 15, 2019
Campus Instructional Materials Adoption Teams (CIMAT)
CLOSED PERIOD BEGINS: Campus Principal or Designee meet with CIMAT to review materials in accordance with recommended rubric and submits CIMAT recommendation to DIMAT. Per Board Policy EFA (Regulation), no contact/communication with publishers is allowed during the closed period.
Reading Language Arts Teachers K - 8
Teachers have the opportunity to view customized instructional materials package options either in person or online and cast their VOTE via electronic voting process.
February 19, 2019
District Instructional Materials Adoption Team (DIMAT)
Verify teacher votes to determine preferred instructional materials package, review CIMAT recommendations and prepare a recommendation for the Board of Trustees.
The CIMAT team will have the opportunity to receive more information about and/or view instructional materials options at:
- February 5, 2019 – Elem. CILT
- February 6, 2019 – Sec. CILT
- February 11, 2019 – Six Weeks at a Glance (SWAG) Teacher Training (North Locations)
- February 12, 2019 – Six Weeks at a Glance (SWAG) Teacher Training (South Locations)
- January 28, 2019 through February 8, 2019 and February 13-15,2019 – Open Viewing of Instructional Materials (Edison Middle School and 9400 NCX) –
- Room D104 – Secondary at Edison
- Room D105 – Elementary at Edison
VOTING BEGINS February 5, 2019 at 8:00am and ends at midnight on February 15, 2019.
IMPORTANT!! Voting Instructions
- ONLY Reading Language Arts Teachers in grades K–8 for the current school year 2018–2019 are eligible to vote.
- The voting window opens 8:00 am February 5, 2019, and closes at midnight February 15, 2019.
- Only ONE vote per person will be counted.
- Ballots can be accessed at http://bit.ly/2019ima OR by clicking the links below. Be sure to access the ballot that applies to your grade level assignment.
K-5 Ballot: Reading Language Arts Teachers in grades K–5 may access the online ballot here.
NEW INFORMATION: K–5 teachers will also consider PHONICS programs in a separate vote apart from the classroom packages. Both votes will be contained in the same ballot linked above. Please make sure that ALL K–5 teachers understand that they are responsible for viewing and voting on the classroom packages and the phonics programs as two separate items.
6-8 Ballot: Reading Language Arts Teachers in grades 6–8 may access the online ballot here.